Azores Family Adventure! Whales, dolphins, volcanoes and lots of learning
Special family prices from £750 (adult) £375 (child)
Specific school holiday dates for families 2018:
Easter: 24 March – 14 April
Half term: 26 May – 02 June and 20 – 27 October
Summer holidays: 21 July – 01 Sep
* 7 night’s bed and breakfast in 4**** family friendly hotel with outdoor pool
* Airport transfers
* 2 half day dolphin and whale watching trips to sea OR one full day ” Be a marine biologist for a day” activity including lunch (see below)
* Full day geothermal tour to Furnas including lunch
* Full services of local guide and all transport
* Educational activity that you can do from your own virtual platform to prepare for your time with the marine wildlife.
* Option to add our swimming with wild dolphins program
We are excited to be introducing this fun and educational family small group tour. Designed with families in mind it offers you and your children the chance to learn about whales and dolphins, to see them from the boats and an additional option to help the marine biologist doing scientific research! ( for those budding young scientific minds out there !)
You can choose 2 half day trips to sea whale and dolphin watching from the regular tourist boats OR you can also do our special educational day tour “BE A MARINE BIOLOGIST FOR THE DAY” (below).
Be a Marine Biologist for the day
This is an activity involving a full day trip to sea on the boat in a small group. Our resident marine biologist will help you learn some of the techniques used in whale research, conservation and marine biology such as data collection, photo ID and underwater acoustics using a hydrophone. You will have the chance to spend more time with animals away from the tourist trail and learning about their behaviour. You will be part of a small group lead by an amazing whale and dolphin expert who will be offering fun-filled educational presentations to really capture your children’s imagination.