INFORMATION ABOUT BOOKING FLIGHTS TO OUR 2 HOLIDAY DESTINATIONS IN THE AZORES:- PONTA DELGADA (SAO MIGUEL ISLAND) AND HORTA (FAIAL ISLAND)
Please note: our prices do not include flights and we cannot book these for you.
Many of our clients contact Kimberley Harris from The Flight Centre (Brighton) for assistance with booking flights to our holiday destinations. Kimberley is very familiar with our holidays and the needs of our guests and can help you find the most convenient flights. If you would like to contact Kimberley, her details are: Kimberley Harris, Account Manager, Flight Centre Business Travel, Hove. Telephone :01273 776 400 email: Kimberley.email@example.com
Most of our holidays operate in Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel Island, Azores. The only exception is our Ocean Giants Exclusive Small Group Tours (during May) and clients booking this holiday will need to book flights to Horta, Faial Island, Azores. Please follow the procedure below with regard to booking your own flights and your holiday with us:
1) Check flight availability to either Ponta Delgada or Horta (depending upon your chosen holiday). See below for details of airlines that fly to both destinations.
2) Confirm your booking with us by paying a £250pp deposit or full balance if within 8 weeks of the date of departure.
3) Confirm your flights
BOOKING FLIGHTS TO PONTA DELGADA: How to get to Ponta Delgada (PDL), Sao Miguel Island, Azores
Ponta Delgada Airport – João Paulo II (IATA Code: PDL) is in the town of Ponta Delgada, São Miguel Island, Azores.
The following airlines fly to Ponta Delgada:
1) Ryanair – NEW BUDGET AIRLINE! direct weekly service on Saturdays from London Stansted to Ponta Delgada and twice daily services from Ponta Delgada to Lisbon. Visit www.ryanair.com
2) SATA Airways provide direct services from many European Cities including London Gatwick (Saturdays only), Paris (CDG), Stockholm, Nuremburg, Toronto, Boston, Amsterdam, Brussels and Frankfurt. Visit www.sata.pt
3) Air Portugal operate daily flights to Ponta Delgada via Lisbon from Visit www.flytap.com
4) Budget internal flights with EasyJet (www.easyjet.com) and Ryanair (www.ryanair.com) are operated between Lisbon (mainland Portugal) and Ponta Delgada (Azores). It may be easier for you logistically to fly to Lisbon and book one of these internal flights. It could also be cheaper to book flights via Lisbon to Ponta Delgada which may involve booking a holiday for an odd duration to benefit from cheaper flights (we can provide you with a quote for odd durations (more or less than 7 nights) to enable you to take advantage of cheaper flights going via Lisbon).
Overnight accommodation if stopping over in Lisbon:
If you need overnight accommodation in Lisbon or elsewhere due to your flight schedules you can book this here
For details of airlines who fly to Ponta Delgada Airport from destinations all over the world, we recommend visiting the website for the airport here
On arrival at Ponta Delgada Airport you will be met and taken to your hotel.
BOOKING FLIGHTS TO HORTA: How to get to Horta (HOR, Faial Island, Azores (for Ocean Giants Azores Exclusive Small Group Tour)
Horta Airport (IATA code: HOR), is situated on the Island of Faial, 9.5 km from the centre of Horta. You can fly to HORTA via Lisbon, Portugal which is the most straightforward.
Tour dates run Saturday to Saturday so please arrive and depart from Horta on Saturday. You may need to stay in Lisbon on the night before travelling to the islands if you want to take an early morning flight. If you need overnight accommodation in Lisbon or elsewhere due to your flight schedules you can book this here or see our recommended hotels in Lisbon below.
It is good to arrive on an early flight after a night in Lisbon if possible to have some relaxation, although the later flight after flying from your home country the same day is fine too.
See TAP www.flytap.com for flights to Horta from Lisbon (twice daily). There are many budget airlines who fly to Lisbon from the UK and other destinations and from there you can get a flight to Horta on Faial island.
For a complete list of airlines who fly to Horta Airport from destinations all over the world, we recommend downloading details from the airport’s website directly (link below). This list is updated monthly and shows which airlines fly directly to Horta or involve a change at Lisbon or another Portuguese Island. Please download the latest list here
Alternatively, use an online price comparison portal such as www.skyscanner.net or www.expedia.com They will show you best prices with various options. If you would like to use the services of a travel agent we recommend our travel advisor, Kimberley Harris at The Flight Centre (Brighton) Tel: 01273 776400. She is familiar with the needs of our clients and provides personal service.
On arrival at Horta Airport you will be met and taken to your hotel.
( Cheaper if booked in advance and you get a refund if you cancel )
4 Star Radisson Sas – Near airport – -rooms €60 RECOMMENDED
4 Star Marriott or Holiday Inn- 10 minutes away from the airport – rooms priced £65-80
3 Star Roma – 4 kms away from the airport – rooms prices £65-75 per night
Residencial Vila Nova, Rooms from €40 euros a night, airport bus stops out side, 10 mins to airport
Hotel Dom Carlos Park Rooms from €40 euros a night, airport bus stops out side, 10 mins to airport
Flight prices vary a lot depending on which day you fly. You can get there in one day or overnight in Lisbon and take an early flight to the islands the following day. It is good to book as early as possible and if you can, be flexible on your travel days to enable you to get the best deals. Book accommodation in Lisbon or at your Azorean Island destination (contact us for prices for extra nights) if you need to extend your duration to book suitable flights.
How to book our holidays
Please visit the links on the left to view our whale and dolphin watching in the Azores programme, swimming with wild dolphins in the Azores programme, accommodation options, prices and how to book page. You can also check availability online here.
If you would like to contact us please click here or telephone +44 (0) 1273 882778