Our tour location is Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel Island, Azores.
Please note: our prices do not include flights and we cannot book these for you.
Many of our clients contact Emma Bailey from The Flight Centre (Brighton) for assistance with booking flights to our holiday destinations. Emma is very familiar with our holidays and the needs of our guests and can help you find the most convenient flights. If you would like to contact Emma, her details are: Emma Bailey, Account Manager, Flight Centre Business Travel, Hove. Telephone :01273 776 400 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please follow the procedure below when booking your own flights and your holiday with us:
1) Check flight availability to Ponta Delgada. See below for details of airlines that fly there.
2) Confirm your booking with us by paying a £250pp deposit or full balance if within eight weeks of the date of departure.
3) Confirm your flights
BOOKING FLIGHTS TO PONTA DELGADA: How to get to Ponta Delgada (PDL), Sao Miguel Island, Azores
Ponta Delgada Airport – João Paulo II (IATA Code: PDL) is in the town of Ponta Delgada, São Miguel Island, Azores.
The following airlines fly to Ponta Delgada:
1) Ryanair – direct weekly service on Saturdays from London Stansted to Ponta Delgada and twice daily services from Ponta Delgada to Lisbon. Visit www.ryanair.com
2) SATA Airways provide direct services from many European cities including London Gatwick (Saturdays only), Paris (CDG), Stockholm, Nuremburg, Toronto, Boston, Amsterdam, Brussels and Frankfurt. Visit www.sata.pt
3) Air Portugal operate daily flights to Ponta Delgada via Lisbon. Visit www.flytap.com
4) Budget internal flights with EasyJet (www.easyjet.com) and Ryanair (www.ryanair.com) are operated between Lisbon (mainland Portugal) and Ponta Delgada (Azores). It may be easier for you logistically to fly to Lisbon and book one of these internal flights. It could also be cheaper to book flights via Lisbon to Ponta Delgada which may involve booking a holiday for an odd duration to benefit from cheaper flights (we can provide you with a quote for odd durations (more or less than 7 nights) to enable you to take advantage of cheaper flights going via Lisbon).
Overnight accommodation if stopping over in Lisbon:
If you need overnight accommodation in Lisbon or elsewhere due to your flight schedules you can book this here
For a complete list of airlines who fly to Ponta Delgada Airport from destinations all over the world, we recommend downloading details from the airport’s website directly (link below). This list is updated monthly and shows which airlines fly directly to Ponta Delgada or involve a change at Lisbon or another Portuguese Island (flights to Ponta Delgada depart daily from Lisbon). Please download the latest list here.
On arrival in Ponta Delgada Airport you will be met and taken to your hotel.
Flight prices vary a lot depending on which day you fly. You can get there in one day or stay overnight in Lisbon and take an early flight to the islands the following day. It is good to book as early as possible and, if you can, be flexible on your travel days to enable you to get the best deals. Book accommodation in Lisbon or at your Azorean Island destination (contact us for prices for extra nights) if you need to extend your duration to book suitable flights.