Private House with panoramic sea views (sleeps 6)
This is a large property, extending to over 3,000 sq.ft. and was built to a high specification with 3 en-suite bed
rooms, open-plan kitchen and dining room with large terrace overlooking the bay of Lajes. All bedrooms have satellite television, as does the kitchen. The lower ground floor provides a large open plan lounge, TV, a further double bedroom and a shower room. A patio area to the front of the property is accessed by double doors. The property enjoys a generous sized plot overlooking the sea. The house is split level with external terraced gardens and a large 17 x 8m swimming pool & sun terrace.
Bathrooms: En-suite bathrooms to Master Suite 1 / Suite 2 are generously proportioned providing; double sink, toilet, bath with separate shower. Bedroom 3 adjoins a shower room with single sink and toilet. An additional toilet is located on the upper floor.
Kitchen: Hand built by local craftsmen from Portuguese Castanho (Sweet Chestnut), the kitchen provides; gas hob, electric oven, integrated; fridge/freezer, microwave, coffee machine and dishwasher.
Living Rooms: Open plan kitchen leads onto a formal dining area. A lounge is provided on the local ground floor with two pairs of double French doors looking onto gardens and beyond to the sea.
Cleaning/towels/linen/maid service: Towels and linen are included and changed once a week. A twice weekly maid service is included. Extra maid service, cook, baby sitter are available on request. Please advise if a cot or high chair is required. No additional charge is made.
The owners are local and will make any arrangements to make your stay extra special.
hob/stove, • oven, • fridge/freezer, • microwave, • dishwasher, • washing machine, • tumble dryer, • iron/ironing board, • satellite tv, • tv, • cot, • high chair, • private pool (for sole use of guests), • pets accepted
Our private house is constructed over two levels due to the nature of the sloping site. The upper level provides all that is required for an enjoyable stay, and the swimming pool area is easily accessible, there are steps down from the driveway at the rear.
The property enjoys a generous sized plot overlooking the sea.
The pool, although unheated, has been specially insulated and is located in a sun-trap. Local stone, materials and labour were used wherever possible.
Paul Griffiths was consultant designer of the gardens. Paul has worked previously on Gardeners World, Chelsea Flower Show and ‘The Urban Garden Show’. The project was challenging not least because of the levels involved. The fantastic plant resource on the island was used as a basis for the planting however it did become necessary to bring in new ideas and species from the mainland.
The Island has only one beach. It does however have many safe natural swimming areas, enhanced and improved, for the public to use. The nearest of these is directly in front of the Villa, less than a minute walk away.
Each village has its own swimming area favoured by locals and visitors alike. No two are the same. The variety of fish and under water life on show in these crystal clear waters is a wonder to behold. The refreshing unpolluted ocean is silky smooth to the skin.
Ideal for families or small groups, our Swimming with Dolphins Package prices start from £580 per person per week depending upon the size of your group.
What is Included?
- Airport transfer to the hotel (transfers Pico and Horta airport are included in price on the Saturday arrival and departure. If your transfer time is NOT a Saturday we can arrange a transfer which you will need to pay directly to the taxi driver). Boat transfers are included if required.
- 7 nights self catering accommodation in our private house.
- Five Dolphin swim trips (3 Hours) with expert skipper and dolphin swim guide. This will involve a swimming prep briefing with guidance on snorkelling in the open ocean and how to aproach the dolphins. It helps if you can swim and have snorkelled before ( or practice before holiday )
- Snorkelling in the lagoon
- Presentation on the geology of the Island with expert Island guide.
- Orientation, Marine biologist talk about the marine mammals of the Azores, audio-visual presentation and information about the migrations of dolphins and whales through the Azores. Introductory meeting. Each week there is a program of specialist presentations on marine life, conservation and photography
Email us here to check prices for your group or call 01273 882778 to discuss your requirements.